all images Copyright 2011 © Andrea Lira

10/31/12

Body Structures

I had the pleasure to participate in group show @ Local Project  in New York. The show was called "The Discovery of the Americas". Since I am originally from Santiago Chile and I have lived in the US for almost 10 years, I decided to make a video about the relationship between my body and home, about the structures that we create with other people that eventually become part of our home. I wanted to explore the geometry of our bodies and observe the shapes we create when we move in time and space.

If you want to see the whole video you can watch it here

Here are some pictures of the video projection and the interactive mural that I did outside of the gallery that was called "Where are you going?" and it was finished by the audience.

Video still from "Body Structures"

Projection still from "Body Structures"

Interactive mural "where are you going?"






No comments: