all images Copyright 2011 © Andrea Lira

12/14/11

DEC 14

Sometimes, I wait to long to do the things I really love. For some reason I am always postponing my projects. Creating should not feel like work, but it is! it takes time and concentration.

Maybe the nature of my work is to be spontaneous, playful, without over thinking, maybe I should follow my intuition more and not care if it is good or not, but I have a visual taste and I know when things are not expressing and communicating.

It is been almost 7 months since I started my book project, it was first call "Human Landscapes", then, "Dancing Tree" and now...I am not sure! but that is not the point. The thing is that it keeps changing and is not really flowing. My biggest fear is to do something cliche and that though stops me from finishing.
I guess this process is normal, it is normal to change my mind, it is normal to fall in out of love of your own work.

What is most important, is not to stop working, because this is what I love to do, and the fact that I don't have enough time is not an excuse. I think I have to stop talking and use this TIME to work, to draw, to sit in my room and think.

No comments: